About Strikepoint Media
Strikepoint was built to catapult businesses. From branding to conversions and everything in between, Strikepoint offers ROI-centric full-service solutions for growth-hungry businesses. From an idea on a napkin to a Fortune 500 company, we offer customized solutions to help businesses reach their peak greatness. Our method is simple and effective: learn, think, implement, scale. Strikepoint was recently listed on Inc Magazines “Top 5,000 Fastest Growing Companies of 2019”
Strikepoint Media helps its clients attract and acquire more customers, turn those customers into super customers, and those super customers into lifelong raving fans. We are customer acquisition experts at the bleeding edge of digital marketing and media buying.
The Account Services Director will serve as a critical leader within the Strikepoint team and directly with our top tier prospects & accounts. This individual is ultimately responsible for the health of our account relationships, as well as the growth of Strikepoint’s top-line revenue. Revenue growth is measured by the number & size of new accounts, and retention & growth of existing accounts. Hence this role has a heavy emphasis on leading strong, healthy accounts, providing strategic and tactical leadership across all Strikepoint accounts, driving CRM initiatives, and ensuring our teams are onboarding new accounts, partnerships, and campaigns with excellence. You must thrive on being in the spotlight on high-stakes opportunities & challenges, while multitasking with a variety of account-related and team-lead responsibilities.
The ideal candidate must have a strong passion for digital marketing, substantial experience with account management, media buying, ad network support, operations, and leadership. They’ll also have a strong desire to train & lead their team in a fast-paced, well-established environment and the ability to build great personal and professional relationships. We are looking for this individual to be a driving force in Strikepoint’s next level of growth from an 8-figure to a 9-figure business.
What You'll Do Day to Day
Serve as Strikepoint’s primary point-of-contact with key clients/decision-makers (50%)
- Be an extension of the client's team and serve as the key point of contact.
- Provide leadership that grows meaningful relationships with senior account decision-makers, partnering with them on a day to day basis to build and manage the program.
- Maintain continuous communication to ensure we have a strong understanding of the account health, client satisfaction, opportunities, and areas of concern.
- Develop an intimate understanding of the client's business, priorities, success metrics, and craft loyalty up-sells to help clients meet strategic objectives.
- Uncover and understand opportunities and objectives to generate new ideas, enhance client performance, craft appropriate strategies, and identify/implement products to help achieve client goals.
- Build account plans and share these recommendations in a way that our clients understand and appreciate.
- Demonstrate exceptional judgment and a strong ability to provide direction and problem solve in real-time.
- Stay highly organized to effectively manage a large volume of information and business details.
- Initiate planning, development, and management of projects including schedule, scope and budget, and direct team in delivering to meet client and company objectives.
Account Services Team Leader (50%)
- Collaborate with other department leaders to ensure the account services team has a consistent understanding of the products and services Strikepoint can offer to help grow our clients’ accounts.
- Establish benchmarks and rules of engagement to ensure the accounts team is aligned with expectations and an understanding of importance.
- Develop and manage Accounts Plan to provide a roadmap for revenue growth.
- Provide leadership for Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Client Reviews, including overseeing/directing the development of materials.
- Maintain/improve account financials, protect existing business, and generate organic growth.
- Qualify opportunities, and help to define and influence what products and services are going to add the most value to both clients and Strikepoint in order to present winning proposals.
- Forecast budgets and sales goals; ensure delivery of client expectations. Work with leadership and other directors to define products, pricing, and profitability.
- Work with finance to ensure timely and accurate client billing/payments.
- Participate in Business Development efforts including contributing to RFP response, identifying prospects, participating in stand up pitches, providing thought leadership.
- Hire, train and lead the Account Services team of Account Managers & Account Coordinators
- Oversea Qualification, Pitching, Closing, and Onboarding of all new SPM clients with direct ownership and involvement on Tier one prospects and accounts
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, including Strikepoint’s Founders, Directors, and Managers, to achieve company goals through day-to-day operations
- Inform, craft, manage and optimize all Account Services processes
- Proactively communicate with top tier accounts on a daily basis in a professional effective manner
- Attend the needs of our accounts and continually seek ways to add value to these relationships both directly and through our team
- Compile unique sales reports to measure the health and growth of our accounts
- Cross-reference existing reports across Strikepoint’s Account Services tech stack (CRM, Project Management, Campaign Management) in order to draw insights for capitalizing on opportunities and avoiding losses
- Oversee the onboarding process of all new account relationships
- Identify our Target Accounts and oversee associated opportunities & challenges
- Research and continually grow a deeper understanding of Strikepoint’s accounts and their industries
- Responsible for the team maintaining and updating Account, Contact and Deal records in Strikepoint’s CRM
- Work with Strikepoint’s Inbound Marketing team to develop lead gen and acquisition campaigns for Strikepoint
- Work with Strikepoint’s Inbound Marketing team to develop sales support collateral as well as internal processes for client onboarding, retention, and referral
- Coordinate with the Sales & Accounts teams to develop proposals
Essential Skill Set
- Excellent communication and sales skills
- Proven leadership skills in an Agency environment
- Account Management experience
- In-depth experience managing paid advertising campaigns for clients
- Robust knowledge of direct response marketing strategies
- Analytical skills when reviewing media plans and reports
- High competency level with CRM, project management and data reporting software tools
- Quick to identify, develop, adapt and learn new software and systems
- Professional conduct within and outside the office while conducting agency business
- Results-motivated, committed, tenacious, and goal-oriented
- Detail and process-oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to commute into our Laguna Beach HQ and lead our in-house Account Services team
- Available to travel up to 25% of the time
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business, Communications, or related field. Equivalent work experience will also be considered in lieu of a college degree
- 5+ years experience in Account Management, preferably at an advertising, digital or marketing agency
- At least 2 years experience as a Manager/Director in Account Services
- Must be social media savvy
- Technically savvy, comfortable using multiple software applications (i.e., proficiency in Word, Excel, Photoshop, CRM systems, etc...)
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to precise details
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, committed, tenacious, and goal-oriented.
- Positive, professional and enthusiastic “can-do” attitude
- Copywriting skills a plus
- Experience with marketing automation and email service providers (SendGrid, HubSpot, Infusionsoft, MailChimp) a plus
- Experience with Unbounce, LeadPages or similar a plus