The ideal candidate for this position will be a full-stack engineer who has a balanced exposure to front-end and back-end work, as well as database administration.
What you'll do:
- Address common issues that arise daily as well as be able to be the main contributor to the codebase around feature development and maintenance.
Who you are:
- You live, eat and breathe code! You'd code even if no one asked you to.
- You don't miss deadlines, are dependable and highly collaborative.
- Realize code is part of a project's whole and wants to push design and functionality in tandem.
- An engineer with ideally at least 3 years of professional programming experience
- An admirer of beautiful code (and you have the desire to work in small, collaborative teams with people who share the same love)
- A quick learner and problem solver
- Equipped with impressive programming and web application development skills
- An aptitude and inclination for learning new domains quickly
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- A curious type with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and skill sharing
- Value doing it right, versus getting it done.
Strong working knowledge of the following stack:
- MongoDB and postgreSQL
A keen understanding of the following Infrastructure tools:
- Kubernetes cluster - Container management
- Envoy - Service Proxy
- nGateway - Service gateway
- Docker - Service containerization
Additional Skillset desired:
- Experience with Reactjs, Redux, or vue.js
- Understanding of Single Page Applications and how to scale them (code splitting, dynamic module loading, etc)
- Node.js (ideally in a large scale production application)
- Experience with mongoDB and postgreSQL
- Ideally has used nodejs in a large scale production application
- Understands the concepts around a microservice based architecture and event driven design
Strikepoint is a fast-growing full-service digital marketing agency specializing in lead generation and customer acquisition. Our headquarters are located in Laguna Beach, California. We are within walking distance to downtown and the beach. We are a young group of passionate marketers working hard to grow the businesses of our clients. We have a fun culture that is centered by humor and driven by success. Each team member is expected to contribute to the overall success of the company and of their fellow team members. If you want to work near the beach with an innovative, thoughtful and highly collaborative team then you have come to the right place.
Some benefits and perks of working at Strikepoint Media:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Flexible vacation policy
- Weekly Staff Lunch
- Steps from Laguna Beach
Please apply with a cover letter, resume/CV, and links to live projects you've worked on.