Strikepoint Media is a young, growing digital marketing company specializing in media buying, lead generation, funnel building, and website design and development. Strikepoint Media was founded in 2013 and has quickly grown into a leader in the digital marketing industry, with more than $750 million in revenue generated for our clients. We were recently featured on INC 5000’s List of Fastest Growing Companies in the United States.
Strikepoint Media is currently looking for a Head of Project Management to lead a team of project managers in their effort to drive projects and ensure timely execution for our clients. You will also provide guidance to the project teams in monitoring and ensuring the quality of project deliverables.
The Project Management Department is critical to the way several of our core departments work together, and the Head of Project Management will be a key player in determining and optimizing best practices for each phase of a project’s life cycle—which typically involve coordination of our Account Management, Marketing Management, Creative, and/or Media Buying Teams.
The Head of Project Management will oversee the operational workflow of all marketing production at Strikepoint Media. You will provide leadership and oversight to the project management team, ensuring all Strikepoint projects are carried out in accordance with established best practices.
The Head of Project Management will also provide guidance to the project team in monitoring and ensuring the quality of project deliverables. You will work cross-functionally with the various teams within Strikepoint to ensure that project managers have the support needed to initiate projects, lead the planning phase, assign and monitor the execution phase, and complete the closure phase.
The Head of Project Management will be tasked with being the resident “guru” of our Project Management Software (Teamwork Projects), and thus will need to learn the platform inside and out. You will ensure all processes are done in accordance with best practices, provide input and training where needed, and provide leadership so that there is an overarching strategy to how Strikepoint engages with workflow through the use of Teamwork Projects.
Project management oversight
- Serve in a supervisory role over all team members functioning in a project manager capacity
- Provide input in the hiring of project management related roles
- Provide an ongoing assessment of production resources and bring deficits or surplus to the attention of the People Operations Manager
- Provide oversight and leadership to all project management occurring at Strikepoint
- Ensure that all project management occurs in accordance with established best practices
- Ensure the optimal use of all agency assets (both people and tools) in the overall workflow of projects
- Identify gaps and pitfalls in the workflow process and work with the People Operations Manager to fill those gaps and make all needed adjustments
- Ensure all projects are completed in a timely manner with excellence and professionalism
- Provide an ongoing audit of all project management processes to ensure workflow occurs at the most optimal level
- Ensure that all workflow related tasks and projects are executed according to Strikepoint established best practices
- Training and development
- Train and develop all Strikepoint Project Managers
- Facilitate the implementation of marketing best practices and procedures within Strikepoint
- As all departments (Media, Operations, etc.) of Strikepoint increase their use of our Project Management Software (Teamwork), provide input on the manner in which the process is being implemented, and provide training in any areas needed to ensure that the process is being done according to best practices
- Provide leadership to the way workflow is being executed across all of Strikepoint to ensure optimization and scalability
- What your day-to-day will look like
- Oversee project management team and provide leadership, guidance, and training and development opportunities
- Hold weekly team meetings to discuss project management processes, high-priority projects, and subsequent resource needs for the week
- Review and optimize task and project assignments; troubleshoot resource allocation issues if needed
- Perform quality checks on projects entered into Teamwork Projects to ensure task timelines correspond with overall project milestones and tasks are set up in accordance with best practices
- Run budget checks on active projects and coordinate with the assigned project manager to address scope creep or delays in execution
- Oversee forecasting and resource allocation for the agency and provides insight and data around profit margins on a quarterly basis
- Review detailed project plans and key milestones, ensuring that assigned project managers have assessed potential risks and are providing updates to key stakeholders
- Review close-out reports and tracks project management performance metrics including timeline and budget as well as other factors affecting project management effectiveness
- Act as an escalation point for the project management team and other department heads
- Create and maintain comprehensive project and process documentation
- Identify company-wide areas for improvement and efficiencies, adapting to changing business needs
- Facilitate launch of new company processes, while refining the overall planning process of project deployment
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA Degree in Business or related field
- 4+ years of previous Project Management experience at an advertising or marketing agency
- 2+ years experience leading teams or managing direct reports
- Previous experience with Project Management Software (Ideally Teamwork, but we’ll consider candidates with experience in platforms such as Jira, Asana, Monday, Basecamp, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of G-Suite, especially Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides
- High working knowledge of Dropbox or Box
- High organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize efficiently
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills
ABOUT STRIKEPOINT MEDIA
Strikepoint was built to catapult businesses. From branding to conversions and everything in between, Strikepoint offers ROI-centric full-service solutions for growth-hungry businesses. From an idea on a napkin to a Fortune 500 company, we offer customized solutions to help businesses reach their peak greatness. Our method is simple and effective: learn, think, implement, scale.